- Relationship-Building: Personal connections and networks strengthen our communities.
- Community Involvement: Organized neighbors can shape the future of our communities, including envisioning and enacting positive change. Through collaboration, we co-create the communities we want to inhabit.
- Grassroots Democracy: We all have a role in determining the character and future of our city through grassroots, bottom-to-top participation.
- Sharing, Teaching and Learning: With tools, support, and opportunities to connect, we can effect positive change.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: In an inclusive, multicultural environment, through which we can explore our differences and come together around common interests and goals.
- Building Capacity: We strengthen our communities as we strengthen our neighborhood associations, community based organizations and business districts.