- About Us
- Our Services
- Administrative Support
- Community Resources
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Governance
- Project Development
- Our Neighborhoods
- Community Calendar
- Contact Us
Grant Selection Committee 2013
The Neighborhood Small Grants committee is a vital part of the grant process. Your insight and commitment will lead to the actualization of valuable community and neighborhood project in 2013.
The Selection Committee will be comprised of two neighborhood association board members, one member from a community-based organization, one member from a business association or local business, and one SE Uplift staff person (grant manager excluded).
Requirements and obligations for the grant selection committee members are:
- Committee members cannot be a grant applicant.* They may be affiliated with or connected to organizations or groups applying, but they cannot be the applicant/project coordinator themselves.
- Grant Selection Committee Members must have a fairly flexible schedule between early November and mid December (excluding Thanksgiving) so that coordinating each meeting is as fluid as possible meeting the time needs of the group as a whole.
- Two committee meetings (2 to 3 hours long - meals provided): 1 meeting in early November to be oriented to the committee, NSG process, and receive the binder of grant applications; and 1 meeting in early to mid-December to narrow down the grant applicants and submit a recommendation to the SEUL Board.
- Time spent on your own between the November and December meetings to make your own assessments of the grant applicants in preparation for the collaborative committee meeting in December. The amount of time will be contingent on the number of qualified applicants. We will offer weekly collaborative meetings during this time for people who work better with more structure and as part of a team. These weekly meetings are optional.
- Attendance at the highly-inspired Grant Celebration in early to mid February. You are welcome to be on the committee even if you are unable to attend the Grant Celebration - but this is the most rewarding part of the process and you will be very glad you joined in the festivities!
As a Grant Selection Committee Member you will be highly valued and appreciated by SE Uplift and, of course, the 2013 Grant recipients. Your names will be in lights and we will celebrate you all along the way.
Please contact the Neighborhood Small Grants Program Manager, Blythe Pavlik, if you are interested in participating in this amazing program. The committee will be selected by Monday, October 29th.
- Blythe Pavlik at 503-232-0010 x 321 or firstname.lastname@example.org -
*The “applicant” is the person or group who/that initiates the grant application process, solicits for partner organization(s), leads the project, completes the application, and coordinates the project for the duration of the year. We will accept one grant application per applicant. Partners (e.g. organizations, businesses, and groups) are welcome to support numerous grant projects provided no two projects are coordinated by the same applicant.